About Us

FCF is a forty-acre facility (and the owners' home), with a 20-stall stable dating from 1918 when it was built by Richard Whitney for his TB racehorses. Seven of the stalls are occupied by our own horses and the remaining 13 are leased to boarders. We have an indoor that is 80’ x 200’, an outdoor that is approx. 150’ by 250’ and a separate outdoor jumping course that is set up on several acres of open meadow after the first cutting of hay every year in early June. We have five all-weather stone dust paddocks adjacent to the stable that are used year-round, but particularly in the winter to ensure that every horse gets a minimum of several hours of turn-out each day, weather permitting, and 10-15 acres of grass paddocks that are subdivided to permit individual, all-day turn-out for horses from April through November. We are located in the heart of "hunt country" along the banks of the North Branch of the Raritan River, with an extensive trail system that extends for miles within Bedminster and west into Oldwick and beyond.